Thursday, October 15, 2009

Darth Vader Cards & an Awesome Clone Trooper cake!

I just wanted to make a quick post to share the Darth Vader thank you cards I made for the Star Wars themed birthday party we had last weekend.  My son and his friend Sam had a joint birthday party and it was a blast.  The weather was perfect and everything was just so wonderful and super fun!

First here is the most awesome Clone Trooper helmet cake ever made.  My friend Heidi (Sam's mom) is just so talented and she was so worried about make this cake since it was her first cake using fondant icing.  It turned out wonderfully!!!

 And it's Gluten Free!!!

If you want to see some more pictures from the party and the process it took to create this wonderful cake please check out her blog, Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom.  You can even see the pool noodle light sabers she made and the Death Star pinata she made as well.  She is AWESOME!


So onto my Darth Vader Thank You cards.  A super nice gal Theresa (aka Tebug) in the svg.com forum I am a member of sent me a jpeg of Darth Vader that worked perfectly into an SVG file to create these cards.

Here are the cards.





So if you would like the SVG file or the SCUT3 file for this card here are the links.

UPDATED 3/2/1012


To make the card base I just put 2 Darth Vader's on a page in SCAL.  The selected weld for both of them. The selected shadow blackout option for both. Then rotated and flipped one of them and lines them up to form the card.  I could fit 2 on a 12 x 12 page.

Well that is all for today.  Hope you all have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

AWESOME! I love the cake and card! But, I really love that you spell your name KRISTEN, just like ME!!!
It is nice that it is easier to find gluten free products more and more. I, personally, don't need them, but see them more and more as time goes on...

Laura said...

Eureka! I have spent the last half hour working on an svg for my son-in-law-Star-Wars-freak's 30th birthday card, and it suddenly occurred to me that some other good-hearted sister may have already made one. This is a beautiful job you've done here! I greatly appreciate it, and I know he will be delirious. Thanks!

Laura
http:/cricutcard-iologist.blogspot.com